Sunday, May 30, 2010

Kindergarten Feild day and Funny Food Allergies

We have had an exciting month. New house, end of school, and even the departure of Noah's food allergies (hopefully).
Noah has been notorious for hiding in the bathroom with a loaf of contraband. He would eat bread slice after slice until we would find him or Hiram would rat him out.
Funny story about that... Noah was saying a lunch prayer the other day (when his diet was still restricted) and he said "Jesus you come down so people don't die." I asked him about that and he said that he wanted Jesus to come down so people won't die because Jesus doesn't want people to die. Hmmm okay not quite sure how that fits in doctrinally, but I thought it was a good time to refresh our little FHE lesson on what happens when we die. (The Sunbeam version-We have a spirit and a body and when we die our spirit leaves our body and goes to live with Jesus, and when we get resurrected our spirit and our body go back together). Noah says, "Mom, my spirit makes me eat wheat- that's a bad bad spirit!" I told him he has a very good spirit and that his body just likes how it tastes. But luckily we are on week 2 or 3 and no new problems have evolved- what a blessing! Feeding everyone the same meal- very cool.

Field Day!!!
Me and Noah freezing.
Hiram Pulling
Hiram with his eyes closed
Hiram running
Hiram hopping... We had a lot of fun. Gramma and Dave came up too and we all had lunch in the cafeteria with Hiram.

4 comments:

  1. Ya Noah! How great it is to eat bread like everyone else. It's the simple things in life. Are the twins allergy free too then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I love those boys! When will you be around? I am thinking of planing a boys + Aunt Holly Camping trip in the back yard now that school is out so we will have to talk :) love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are always around now! THe boys would LOVE LOVE LOVE that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candie we haven't tried the twins on eggs yet so I don't actually know:)

    ReplyDelete